5 Ways Trucking Company Software Can Save You Money & Time
Running a successful trucking company is no easy task. Recordkeeping, tracking expenses and making payments requires a lot of organization. Delivering invoices, compiling reports and maintaining trucks requires a lot of hands-on hours. The tedious administrative tasks necessary for the success of your business are time-consuming. and as we all know, time is money.
However, what if we told you that these tasks and hundreds more can be quick and easy with the click of a button? With the help of software designed for the needs of trucking companies, they can! Investing in trucking software may seem like a luxury. This is especially true for a small trucking company. However, the right software can help you run your business more easily. Therefore, this can save you money and improve your productivity in the long run.
Top 5 Trucking Software Features
We know how frustrating it can be to devote so much time and energy to the administrative side of your business. With the right software, you can join hundreds of administrative operations into one easy-to-use system. So, you can take control of your business and focus on what matters most – moving freight. The following are five important ways trucking company software can save you money and time:
- Premium routing and dispatch – Optimize route planning and cut down on the amount of time it takes to plan deliveries and dispatch your trucks. With a detailed recording of dispatches, you will always know exactly who delivered what, to where and when.
- IFTA and IRP reports and payments – Track all the information you need for IFTA and IRP, including miles by state and fuel gallons by state. With the accurate, automatic calculation of the IFTA and IRP fees you owe, and you will never underpay or overpay again.
- Expense tracking – Get a complete picture of when and where you are purchasing products and services for your business. With trucking software, you can automatically generate expense and profitability reports. You can also perform other important accounting functions.
- Maintenance scheduling and records – Stay on top of truck maintenance to keep your trucks running longer and smoother. Reduce the risk of an expensive roadside assistance call. Trucking company software helps you keep records of when and where past maintenance was done in one convenient place.
- Invoice creation – Stay on top of invoices that are coming due and make sure you get paid on time and in full. The faster you can generate invoices, the quicker you will get paid by customers.
How to Choose the Right Software
Choosing the right trucking software for your company can be confusing and overwhelming. This is especially true when it comes to evaluating cost, integration, and functionality. There are many different trucking office software products out there. They all promise to reduce your costs and improve your productivity. However, how do you find the trucking office software that best suits the needs of your business?
Not all trucking companies are the same. Not all trucking software products are created equal. Therefore, it is important to evaluate your specific needs before making a decision about which software is the right fit. You want a software solution that is affordable and easy to use. Choose one that offers a range of convenient features to streamline your trucking operations and save you money and time.
With the right trucking software, you can have the accounting, dispatch, IFTA/IRP reporting and maintenance information you need right at your fingertips. This allows you to work on taking your company to the next level.
Published at Thu, 14 Nov 2019 17:05:43 +0000